Wednesday, June 9, 2010

My pork belly adventure continues!!!

Last night I ate at a restaurant called Wild Honey, in London. It was delicious and the pork bell was perfect. It was served with a ragu of barley and fresh chickpeas, roasted carrot & a gooseberry fluid gel. The pork was cooked perfectly, my guess would be it was cooked sous vide, the craklin was so crisp.

Along with the pork, I ordered English Asparagus with poached egg vin & spring leaves, as well as, English veal with gnocchi, peas & broad beans (fava). These were both very good dishes but held no ground to the belly.

Along with dinner I added some new books to the Brookville collection:

The Mirabelle Cookbook by Marco Pierre White,
Puddings by Phil Vickery's,
I Love Macarons by Hisako Ogita,
River Cottage by Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall,
In the Green Kitchen by Alice Waters,
The Modern Vegetarian by Maria Elia,
Yes Chef! by James Winter and James Bulmer,
New York Cooks by Joan Krellenstein and Barbara Winkler,
From Nature to Plate by Tom Kitchin,
The Real Food Companion by Matthew Evans
and
Nutmeg and Custard by Marcus Wareing (who by the way is the reason that I wanted to become a chef, unbeknownst to him)

I cant wait to see others enjoying these books as much as I am, whilst sitting at one of the seats in Brookville.

No comments:

Post a Comment