Saturday, July 10, 2010

I woke up this morning with the need of an Al Pastor taco. In order to alleviate this need I went to the City Farmers Market I got more then I went for.

I ate my delicious taco in two bites, as I usually do because they are so darn good, but to my wondering eye should appear but a market full of the bounties of the earth.

I just walked around, dish ideas popping into my head. I saw peppers, okra, tomatoes, melons... the list goes on and on and on. It just reaffirms my beliefs that Cville is one of the best places for fresh, local produce in the US, and I cant wait to get my grubby little hands on all of it.

The beauty of all this great stuff is that you do not have to do a lot to it to make it great, in many cases all you need is a little salt or a little acid. It is my hope to bring all these great finds to you in an approachable manner. I want to pay the same respect to the food as the farmers did who grew it. Their hard work should not go in vein.

No comments:

Post a Comment