Sunday, July 25, 2010

Well I'm sitting here getting ready to enjoy my day off this week and could not help but reflect upon the week that was.

First, I want to thank everyone that came in this week. It was a dream come true to be able to cook for y'all (as it will be for everyone who walks up the Brookville Stairs). You guys allowed me to do what I love and for that I am really appreciative.

Second, we worked hard and created a menu that I hope is respectful to the ingredients that we cooked with. I will keep saying it, we are blessed to live in an area that has such a great community of farmers who produce such amazing fruit, veg and animals. To you guys I am indebted.

Finally, I make a promise to Charlottesville and the surrounding area to never rest on my laurels or become complacent. I will give everything I have to produce great food, and in some cases even push the envelope of what the dining scene can be in our great city. We can be one of the great dining destinations of the US, all we have to do is look in our back yard because all the tools are there.

What I ask for in return is trust and a little sense of adventure (the sixth sense of Brookville). If you can give me that I can give you a food orgasm.

No comments:

Post a Comment