Monday, October 18, 2010

Clerification

I have seen a lot of negative reactions to what my staff wear and I want to clarify why they wear what they wear.

The atmosphere we want to present is one of comfort, that applies to both the individuals that walk through our doors and to our staff.

I let my servers wear what they want because it makes them feel more comfortable, and if they are comfortable they will be able to give better service. When first deciding what our "uniform" would be we went through the litany of possibility, none of which I liked. I don't enjoy wearing those kind of uniforms so why would I make my staff. I understand that in some restaurants there is a necessity for formal attire, but not at Brookville.

The important thing is not what we wear, but rather how you are treated when you walk up our stairs. We want give everyone the respect, service and food they deserve. We hope that we have been able to do that thus far and will continue to do so for the entire life of the restaurant.

Harrison

P.S. They wear chucks because I love to wear chucks and it allows for a sense of individuality.

No comments:

Post a Comment